10 Reasons to Eat More Fruits & Vegetable and Fun Fruit Snack Ideas for Kids!
Here are 10 good reasons why you and yours should eat more fruits and vegetables. Also, check out the fun fruit snack ideas!
10 Reasons to Eat More Fruits & Vegetable
- Taste Great! Fruits and vegetables are delicious.
- Fun to Eat! Some crunch, some squirt, some you peel.
- Quick, Natural Snack. Fruits and veggies are fast food you want your kids to eat!
- Fruits and veggies are rich in vitamins and minerals as well as antioxidants, which help to eliminate harmful free radicals.
- Fruits and veggies are available in an almost infinite variety…there’s always something new to try.
- Nutritious fresh or frozen so they’re ready when you are!
- Perfect anytime! Have some for breakfast, lunch, snack, or dinner!
- Fruits and veggies provide fiber that helps fill you up and keeps your digestive system happy.
- Eating plenty of fruits and veggies may help reduce the risk of many diseases, including heart disease, high blood pressure, and some cancers.
- Eating more locally grown fruits and vegetables helps to support your local economy and your local farmers. It addition, it is good for the environment, because less energy is used to get these products to the local market than those grown elsewhere.
Here are some fun fruit snack ideas for kids!
Fruit Sandwiches – Use slices of apples or pears and low-fat cheese or peanut butter.
Fruit & Yogurt Dip – Fresh fruit dipped in your kid’s favorite low-fat yogurt.
Smoothies. Kids won’t pass up tasty fruit smoothies.
Fruit Cups – Make your own fruit cups by cutting up your kid’s favorite fruits and adding them to their lunches.
Fun Fruit Salad – Serve fresh fruit that can be dipped of topped with salad dressings such as poppy seed or balsamic vinegar.
Fruit Chunks – Frozen fruit chunks such as grapes, bananaslices,blueberries or watermelonare perfect when you’re in a rush.
Adapted from www.fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org