Why I love snacking and why it’s so important!
I love snacking and honestly I could not make it through the day with out my healthy snacks. The magic word is HEALTHY! My snacks consist of nutrient-rich foods containing a combination of lean protein, fiber-rich carbohydrates and healthy fats. My snacks are typical much smaller than my average meal, so no more than 100 to 200 calories.
So here are the top reasons why I snack healthy:
1. Snacks give me energy when I am feeling a little sluggish.
2. Snacking helps me (and it can help you) get many of the vitamins and minerals I need on a daily basis.
3. Snacks keep me from getting hungry and overeating at mealtime.
4. Snacks help satisfy my hunger, but still leave room for my healthy meal.
5. Snacks between meals helps to increase my focus while I’m working and my performance while working out!
Some of my favorite snacks:
Edamame – Besides being super yummy, one cup of edamame, contains about 17 grams of protein, 8 grams of fiber, and 189 calories. This is a perfect snack all by itself, no need to add anything else! I can eat them hot or cold and seasoned with a little sea salt.
Homemade Trail Mix – The reason I like making my own trail mix is because I can control what is in it. I love raw cashews, walnuts and almonds. I will also add some dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds and sometimes granola.
Greek Yogurt – One cup of Greek Yogurt with blueberries or granola is my old standby.
Vegetables and Hummus and sometimes tortilla chips is another favorite.
Fruit – All time favorite – fruit! Yes fruit, my fast food!
NatureBox delivers really good healthy snacks right to your door, talk about making it easy for you. Check them out
Do you snack? What are some of your favorite healthy snacks?