Hi Everyone! Are you struggling with how to get healthy and where to start? If you answered yes, here are 3 things you can do today to become healthier!
1. Cut out added sugar from your diet where you can!
Now, I’m not talking everything at once that would be ridiculous and unsustainable. Start with one thing, for example: instead of drinking a sugary drink (soda or juice) with a meal opt for water.
2. Walk, walk, walk!
If feasible, walk instead of driving or taking the bus. Walk for meetings. Walk to pick up lunch. Walk around the block, walk around your house! Just start walking more than you normally do so that it’s now counting towards your cardio ❤️!
3. Set a bedtime and stick to it 😴
This will be a challenge for a lot of you, but it will have a direct impact on your health immediately!
Lack of sleep can lead to weight gain, irritability and lack of energy.
Establish a bedtime routine: such as washing your face, brushing your teeth and setting a cut off time for technology.
If you have trouble falling asleep try relaxation techniques such as meditation or yoga 5 to 10 minutes before you actually lay down to sleep. You can also try to darken your room more.
Start today and take that first step to reaching your greatest health potential!
Are you getting a little frustrated because you stepped on the scale and that arbitrary number was still the same? The scale does not tell you anything about how healthy you are so don’t get caught up on that. Instead, look for telltale signs of a healthier you.
1. Your clothes are getting looser. It is possible to slim down without actually seeing a change on your scale, which you should get rid of anyway, just saying. This happens when you lose body fat while gaining muscle. Your weight may stay the same, even as you lose inches.
2. Things are getting easier for you! Physical activities that once were difficult are becoming easier for you!
3. You have more energy. Eating healthy foods such as whole grains and healthy unsaturated fats provide the stored energy you’ll need throughout the day. In addition regular exercise increases energy and reduces fatigue.
4. You are in a better mood. Exercise especially cardiovascular exercise helps your mood by releasing feel good chemicals (endorphins, adrenaline, serotonin and dopamine) in the brain, which help improve your mood.
5. You are sleeping better. Eating healthy foods and exercising regularly can help you sleep better. When you sleep better you are more rested so you can have a better workout, which makes you want to eat healthier. It’s all connected.
How can you tell that you are getting healthier?