Losing body fat is a combination of several different things all working together. Try incorporating all five of these tips CONSISTENTLY for a few of months and you might just be pleased with your results.
- Eat a well-rounded balanced diet. This means a diet that is made up of lean proteins, healthy fats, fruits, vegetables and fiber! Extra Tip – Eating some fiber with every meal will make you feel full faster, so you won’t be as tempted to eat high calorie or empty calorie foods, such as fried or highly processed foods.
- Eat breakfast every day. Starting your day off right with a healthy breakfast sets you up for eating well all day long. When you skip breakfast, you may overeat or make less nutritious food choices later in the day.
- Drink plenty of water. Drinking water keeps your digestive system clean and active, thus increases the body’s metabolic rate, leading to more fat loss. Drink lots of it, at the minimum 8 glasses. Extra Tip – Start your day by drinking a large glass (or two) of water when you wake up, before you eat breakfast.
- Vary your cardio. If you do the same type, duration, and intensity of cardio everyday, your body will adapt to this and you will hit a plateau in your fat loss efforts. Instead, switch it up! One day go on a 3-mile walk: next day do a 50-minute intense Spin class and the following day go for a early morning jog! You could even do a 7 day moderate cardio week and the next week a 3-day super intense cardio week.
- Lift some weights. One of the best ways to increase your metabolism and burn fat is to build muscle! Muscle is catabolic, which means it burns calories even when you are not doing anything. If you don’t already, add some weight training into your fitness routine. Also don’t freak out if you get on the scale and notice you put on a little muscle weight, muscle weighs more than fat and honestly I rather have a little more muscle that a lot more fat! Just remember you will now burn more fat and calories and look long and lean!