Last Monday I posted on GoodFoodMmama’s FB page that Spring cleaning is not just about your house and/or yard it should be about your health and fitness as well.
Staying organized helps you meet your health goals. Now is the time to clean out your cabinets, pantries and refrigerator. Having a well organized fridge is important to your health because that is where the majority of your food is stored. To start, take everything out of your refridgerator and give it a good cleaning to avoid food borne illnesses. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggest that you:
- Keep your fridge clean at all times; look for unnoticed spills and lingering odors.
- Wipe up spills and clean surfaces with hot, soapy water and rinse well.
- Be sure to clean under drawers and edges of glass shelves.
- Keep your refrigerator smelling fresh and help eliminate odors, by placing an opened box of baking soda on a shelf.
- Set the refrigerator temperature below 40°F.
Next load up your fridge with healthy food choices, such as fruits and veggies that are in season and placed in a strategic fashion to aid in healthy choices! Here are some useful infographs, links and images to help you Spring clean your refrigerator and keep you and your health on track!