5 signs you’re getting healthier and slimming down – even if the scale doesn’t change
Are you getting a little frustrated because you stepped on the scale and that arbitrary number was still the same? The scale does not tell you anything about how healthy you are so don’t get caught up on that. Instead, look for telltale signs of a healthier you.
1. Your clothes are getting looser. It is possible to slim down without actually seeing a change on your scale, which you should get rid of anyway, just saying. This happens when you lose body fat while gaining muscle. Your weight may stay the same, even as you lose inches.
2. Things are getting easier for you! Physical activities that once were difficult are becoming easier for you!
3. You have more energy. Eating healthy foods such as whole grains and healthy unsaturated fats provide the stored energy you’ll need throughout the day. In addition regular exercise increases energy and reduces fatigue.
4. You are in a better mood. Exercise especially cardiovascular exercise helps your mood by releasing feel good chemicals (endorphins, adrenaline, serotonin and dopamine) in the brain, which help improve your mood.
5. You are sleeping better. Eating healthy foods and exercising regularly can help you sleep better. When you sleep better you are more rested so you can have a better workout, which makes you want to eat healthier. It’s all connected.
How can you tell that you are getting healthier?