Balance – For the week, for the month, for Life!
Hello Monday! My word to live by from this point on is “Balance.” But, first I must define what balance, better yet, what a balanced life means to me. I am using the Life Balance Wheel to help me identify the areas of my life that I would like to improve upon and you can too.
The life balance wheel is a tool composed of 8 different pieces (health, career, fun, spiritual, family, finances, environment and relationships), which represent areas of a person’s life. Think about each of these areas one at a time and consider how happy or satisfied you are with each area in your life.
Then, on a scale from 1-10 or 0% to 100%, indicate how happy or satisfied you are with that area today—right now—with 0% being completely dissatisfied and 100% being ideal or 1 being completely dissatisfied and 10 being ideal.
To help you do this answer the following questions:
- How satisfied are you with each area of your life?
- Which life area would you most like to improve?
- Describe what that life area would look like if you were 100% satisfied?
- What are all the possibilities for this area of your life?
- If you were at your best, what would you do right now?
- What is stopping you from moving forward?
Next week let’s start working towards balance.
A healthy and fulfilling life is in our grasp!