What Food Goes Well With Bacon? Top 10 Delicious Pairings To Try!
Bacon is one of the most popular ingredients in all sorts of recipes, but have you ever wondered what foods pair best with bacon?
Look no further! In this article, we’ll explore 10 delicious food combinations that go perfectly with bacon. From simple side dishes to decadent desserts, there’s something for every palette. So get ready to enjoy a delicious bacon-filled feast!
What Food Groups Compliment Bacon?Bacon is a delicious and versatile food that pairs well with many dishes. To make a tasty meal, here are some food groups to consider when planning meals featuring bacon:
- Fruits – Try fresh apples or tomatoes for a sweet-savory flavor pairing.
- Vegetables – From broccoli to spinach, there’s an array of nutritious veggies that pair well with bacon.
- Grains – Think beyond toast! Create savory casseroles using grains like quinoa or wild rice.
- Cheeses – Grate some sharp cheddar over your bacon creation for extra zest!
Adding these flavorful ingredients can turn simple dishes into masterpieces. Enjoy exploring the possibilities of what you can create with bacon! READ MORE: What Are The Best Countries For Good Healthy Food?
Examples of Food Pairings For Bacon
- 1. Eggs 2. Avocado 3. Tomato 4. Cheese 5. Spinach 6. Potato Hash Browns 7. Kale Salad 8. Peanut Butter Sandwich 9. Baked Beans 10. Mushrooms
What Wine Goes Well With Bacon?It’s no secret that bacon pairs exquisitely with many types of wine! Whether you’re serving bacon for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack, there’s sure to be an excellent pairing for it. Here are some suggestions:
- A crisp rosé will provide the perfect balance between sweet and tart flavors.
- Pinot Noir offers light body and delicate fruit notes which delicately enhance smoky bacon.
- Chardonnay is a classic choice – its creamy texture contrasts perfectly against the salty flavor of the meat.
What Herbs and Spices Should You Use With Bacon?Bacon is a delicious and flavorful ingredient, but why not take it to the next level with some herbs and spices?
For a smoky flavor, try adding smoked paprika or chipotle powder. If you’re feeling adventurous, experiment with Chinese five-spice blend for an exotic twist.
Other tasty options include:
- Garlic Powder
Should You Add More Bacon To Your Diet?
The debate between whether bacon is a health food or not has been raging for years. Bacon, like any processed meat product, does contain saturated fat and nitrates. However, it also contains several vitamins and minerals that can provide benefits to your overall diet if consumed in moderation. Bacon can be a great source of protein, iron and B-vitamins such as thiamin (B1), riboflavin (B2) and niacin (B3). It’s also low in carbohydrates which makes it an ideal choice for those looking to cut down on their carb intake while still getting the essential nutrients they need! In addition to its nutritional value, bacon is also incredibly versatile when it comes to cooking; you can add it to salads or sandwiches as well as use it as a topping for pizzas or pastas. If you want something more daring why not try wrapping vegetables or fish with bacon? The sky really is the limit when using this delicious ingredient! So should you add more bacon into your diet? Ultimately the decision comes down to personal preference but if cooked responsibly then there’s no reason why some extra slices of bacon shouldn’t make their way onto your plate from time-to-time! READ MORE: What Goes Well With Oranges?