What Food Goes Well With Cilantro? 10 Delicious Combos You Need To Try!
Are you looking for the perfect dish to make with cilantro? Look no further! Here are 10 delicious combinations that will tantalize your taste buds and keep you coming back for more.
From tacos to salads, cilantro adds a special flavor and depth to any dish. Whether you’re an experienced cook or just starting out in the kitchen, these simple recipes are sure to become staples in your cooking routine.
What Food Groups Compliment Cilantro?Cilantro is an herb with a distinct flavor that pairs well with different food groups. From Mexican cuisine to Chinese dishes, cilantro adds a unique element that enhances the taste of many meals. Here are some food group combinations to try:
- Legumes: Cilantro can add zest and texture to bean-based dishes such as black beans and rice, or even vegan chili.
- Vegetables: Its bright flavor works great in salads, roasted vegetables like potatoes or squash, and stir fry for added crunch.
- Spices: Chipotle peppers, garlic powder, oregano, paprika – all these spices blend perfectly with cilantro’s earthy tones!
Examples of Food Pairings For Cilantro
- 1. Cilantro and Lime Grilled Fish Tacos 2. Roasted Sweet Potato Salad With Cilantro Vinaigrette 3. Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken With Fresh Cilantro Salsa 4. Charred Corn And Avocado Salsa With Cilantro Cream Sauce 5. Thai Noodle Bowls Topped With Chopped Cilantro 6. Black Bean and Quinoa Burrito Wraps Filled with Mango-Cilantro Slaw 7. Garlic Prawns Sauteed in Lemon Juice, Chili Flakes, and Chopped Cilantro 8. Fried Rice Flavored with Ginger and Topped with Scallions and Freshly Chopped Cilantro 9. Enchiladas Stuffed with Shrimp, Spinach, Tomatoes, Red Onions & A Sprinkle of Freshly Chopped Cilantro 10 . Baked Tilapia Fillets Topped with a Zesty Mixture of Yogurt, Lime Juice & Freshly Snipped
What Wine Goes Well With Cilantro?The Perfect Wine and Cilantro Pairing
Cilantro, with its distinct citrus-like flavor and aroma, can be a challenging ingredient to pair with the right wine. But fear not! Here are some suggestions for finding the perfect accompaniment:
- Viognier: This floral white wine has notes of honeysuckle and tropical fruit that will bring out the more subtle flavors in cilantro.
- Pinot Grigio: Crisp and light, Pinot Grigio is an excellent match for cilantro dishes due to its mild citrus notes.
- Sauvignon Blanc: Sauvignon Blanc’s grassy character complements the herbaceous flavors of cilantro.
No matter which one you choose, pairing your favorite dish featuring cilantro with one of these wines will elevate it to new heights. Enjoy! Read More: Why Eating Healthier Will Improve your Travel Experience
What Herbs and Spices Should You Use With Cilantro?Cilantro is a wonderfully vibrant and flavorful herb that can be used to make all kinds of dishes, from guacamole to chicken tacos. To really bring out the flavor of cilantro, you’ll want to pair it with other herbs and spices that will enhance its savory aroma and bright taste. Here are some great combinations for cooking with cilantro:
- Garlic – Adds richness and depth.
- Chili powder – Enhances the pungent notes in cilantro.
- Lemon juice – Brightens up any dish.
- Smoked paprika – Gives food a smoky flavor.
- Oregano – Provides an earthy flavor.