What Food Goes Well With Coleslaw? 10 Delicious Pairings You’ll Love
Are you looking for the perfect side dish to accompany your meal? Look no further than coleslaw! This crunchy, creamy classic is a delicious accompaniment to many dishes. Here are 10 of our favorite food pairings that go perfectly with coleslaw.
Table of Contents
What Food Groups Compliment Coleslaw?Coleslaw is a delicious companion to many dishes. From sandwiches and burgers, to salads and tacos, it adds the perfect amount of crunchy texture and creamy flavor. When it comes to what food groups best compliment coleslaw, there are quite a few options:
- Deli meats
- Grilled or fried fish
- Barbecued chicken or ribs
Examples of Food Pairings For Coleslaw1. Barbecue Ribs 2. Fried Chicken 3. Baked Beans 4. Potato Salad 5. Pulled Pork Sandwiches 6. Grilled Corn on the Cob 7. Reuben Sandwich 8. Crusty French Bread 9. Macaroni and Cheese 10. Cornbread
What Wine Goes Well With Coleslaw?If you’re looking to pair a delicious wine with your coleslaw, then you’ve come to the right place! A light white wine can be the perfect accompaniment to this creamy and crunchy salad. Try something fruity like Riesling or Sauvignon Blanc for a refreshing flavour that complements the acidity of mayonnaise-based dressings. If you prefer reds, opt for something soft and smooth such as Pinot Noir or Chianti. Whatever your choice, it’s sure to be an enjoyable experience when paired with your favourite slaw recipe!
What Herbs and Spices Should You Use With Coleslaw?Coleslaw is a delicious side dish or salad that pairs well with virtually any meal. For even more flavor, consider adding herbs and spices to your mix!
- Parsley: This bright green herb adds a subtle hint of freshness to the coleslaw.
- Dill: Dill has an unmistakable flavor that goes great in coleslaw when used sparingly.
- Mustard Powder: A teaspoon of this spice can add a pleasant kick to the dressing for your slaw.
- Garlic Salt: Garlic salt adds depth and complexity to the flavors already present in coleslaw.
Should You Add More Coleslaw To Your Diet?
Adding coleslaw to your diet is a great way to get some extra vitamins and minerals into your meals. An excellent source of Vitamin C, coleslaw is also high in iron, calcium and dietary fiber. These nutrients are essential for maintaining healthy skin, bones and muscles, as well as aiding digestion. Plus, it’s low in calories so you can enjoy the health benefits without packing on the pounds!
- Coleslaw is an excellent source of vitamin C.
- It provides essential minerals such as iron and calcium.
- High in dietary fiber for better digestion.
- Low calorie count helps maintain a healthy weight.