What Food Goes Well With Cranberry Sauce? 10 Delicious Ideas To Try!
Serve up something special this season with a side of homemade cranberry sauce. It’s tart yet sweet flavor makes it an excellent accompaniment for all sorts of different dishes. Whether you’re looking for traditional holiday recipes or creative combinations, these 10 ideas will help get your creative juices flowing. So grab a bottle of cranberry sauce and let’s get started!
Table of Contents
What Food Groups Compliment Cranberry?Cranberry is an incredibly versatile berry that pairs well with a variety of food groups. Here’s a few ideas to get your culinary juices flowing:
• Proteins. From poultry and pork, to steak and seafood – cranberries add some zing and nutrition to any protein-based meal.
• Dairy. Whether you’re topping off yogurt or making smoothies, cranberries can be a great addition for added flavor and texture. Plus, they enhance the nutritional value as well!
• Grains. Cranberry sauce is often served with traditional holiday feasts like Thanksgiving turkey, but it can also be used in other grain dishes such as breads or rice pilafs. It adds new life to old favorites!
From breakfast all the way through dessert (and let’s not forget snacks!), there are limitless ways that you can incorporate this delicious berry into your meals. Let your imagination run wild – who knows what tasty treats you’ll come up with? READ MORE: What Are The Best Countries For Good Healthy Food?
Examples of Food Pairings For Cranberry
- 1. Turkey 2. Roasted Potatoes 3. Stuffing 4. Biscuits 5. Ham 6. Squash Casserole 7. Green Beans Almondine 8. Mashed Sweet Potatoes 9. Cranberry Walnut Salad 10. Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Onions
What Wine Goes Well With Cranberry?Cranberry is a tart and flavorful fruit with many culinary uses. But what type of wine pairs best with it? Here are some options that will bring out the best in this versatile berry:
- Pinot Noir: This light-bodied red has notes of cranberry, making it an ideal match for dishes featuring the fruit.
- Sparkling Wine: The effervescence and acidity of sparkling varieties such as Prosecco or Champagne help to balance out the sweetness of cranberries.
- Riesling: Rieslings tend to have a touch of sweetness but also high levels of acidity, making them perfect for taming Cranberry’s tangy flavor.
What Herbs and Spices Should You Use With Cranberry?Herbs and spices are essential ingredients to bring out the delicious flavor of cranberries. Cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves add warm, inviting aromas that will tantalize your taste buds with each bite.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon for a sweet zing.
- Sprinkle nutmeg for an earthy depth.
- A hint of cloves adds a spicy kick.
Should You Add More Cranberry To Your Diet?
Incorporating cranberries into your diet can offer many health benefits, making them a valuable addition to any balanced nutrition plan. Cranberries are packed with antioxidants that protect against cell damage and contain a variety of vitamins and minerals like vitamin C, manganese, dietary fiber, copper, magnesium, and potassium. They also have anti-inflammatory properties which can help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease or cancer. Furthermore, studies have shown that regular consumption of cranberries may improve digestion by increasing beneficial gut bacteria levels. Lastly, adding more cranberry to your diet can offer numerous additional benefits including improved skin complexion and enhanced cognitive functioning.
- Benefits Of Adding More Cranberry To Your Diet:
- Packed with antioxidants
- Contains vitamins & minerals
- Anti-inflammatory properties READ MORE: What Goes Well With Oranges?