Pairing Perfection: What Food Goes Well With Filet Mignon?
Are you ready to take your Filet Mignon dinner up a notch? Pairing the perfect side can be difficult, but it’s not impossible! Read on for some delicious ideas to complete your meal.
What Food Groups Compliment Filet Mignon?Filet mignon is a luxurious and tender steak that can elevate any dinner party. To make the meal truly special, it’s important to choose side dishes that complement this exquisite cut of beef. Here are some delicious food groups to pair with filet mignon:
- Vegetables: Roasted asparagus, Brussels sprouts, glazed carrots, green beans almondine.
- Grains: Mashed potatoes, risotto, wild rice pilaf.
- Fruits: Baked apples, pears poached in red wine sauce.
Examples of Food Pairings For Filet Mignon1. Roasted Potatoes 2. Grilled Asparagus 3. Garlic Mushrooms 4. Caramelized Onions 5. Sauteed Spinach 6. Baked Sweet Potato Fries 7. Creamy Horseradish Sauce 8. Crispy Bacon Bits 9. Wilted Kale Salad 10. Truffle Butter
What Wine Goes Well With Filet Mignon?If you’re looking for the perfect intoxicating pair to your succulent filet mignon, there are a variety of wines that will do justice to this exquisite cut of beef. For those who enjoy full-bodied reds, Cabernet Sauvignon is a classic choice as it stands up well against the richness of the meat. If you prefer something with more subtlety and complexity, a Merlot or Pinot Noir would be an excellent option. Alternatively, if white wine is more your style then opt for either Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc – they both have enough acidity and body to work harmoniously with steak. The most important thing when selecting the right wine is ensuring its flavors enhance rather than overpower each other; after all, nothing beats enjoying quality food and drink together!
What Herbs and Spices Should You Use With Filet Mignon?Filet mignon is a tender and juicy cut of steak, perfect for special occasions. To bring out the best in this exquisite cut of beef, you can’t go wrong with a few carefully chosen herbs and spices. Here are some of our favorites:
- Rosemary: This fragrant herb adds a bright flavor to your steak.
- Garlic & Onion Powder: A pinch or two of these powders will infuse your filet mignon with savory depth.
- Thyme & Sage: These herbs make a great combination that enhances the natural flavors of the meat.
- Black Pepper & Sea Salt : For an extra kick, try freshly ground black pepper and sea salt on both sides before cooking.