Greek salads are a classic, refreshing dish that is perfect for any occasion. But what food pairs perfectly with this delicious salad? From light proteins to crunchy breads and more, here are some of the best Greek salad pairings to complete your meal. Discover which dishes will make your Greek salad even tastier!
Table of Contents
What Food Groups Compliment Greek Salad?Greek Salad is a classic dish that pairs perfectly with many food items. Here are some of the best accompaniments: • Breads – from pita to focaccia, breads make great bases for scooping up all the flavors of Greek salad. • Grains – quinoa, couscous and bulgur wheat work well as side dishes or as additions to your salad. • Fish & Seafood – grilled salmon or shrimp can easily be added on top for an even heartier meal! • Meats – grilled chicken or steak add protein and texture to your salad. • Dairy Products- feta cheese is a traditional ingredient in Greek salads but you could also try adding other cheeses such as goat’s cheese or ricotta salata. • Vegetables & Fruits – cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, olives and oranges give nice pops of flavor and color. READ MORE: What Are The Best Countries For Good Healthy Food?
Examples of Food Pairings For Greek Salad
- 1. Grilled Chicken Souvlaki: Juicy chicken pieces, marinated in Greek herbs and spices, grilled to perfection and served alongside a Greek Salad. 2. Crispy Falafel: Nutty chickpea patties that provide a delicious crunchy texture when added to the salad mix. 3. Hummus Dip: Creamy hummus dip for dipping vegetables or spreading on bread as an accompaniment to your Greek salad. 4. Feta Cheese Cubes: Salty feta cheese cubes add an extra layer of flavor to this classic dish! 5. Kalamata Olives: These meaty olives are packed with flavor and make a great topping for any Greek salad recipe! 6. Roasted Red Peppers: Sweet roasted red peppers bring out the flavors of all the other ingredients in this flavorful meal! 7. Tzatziki Sauce : A creamy cucumber yogurt sauce that adds both flavor and moisture when drizzled over top of your finished creation!
What Wine Goes Well With Greek Salad?When it comes to pairing wine with Greek salad, there are several options that will bring out the flavors of this classic Mediterranean dish.
- White Wine: Pinot Grigio, Riesling, or Sauvignon Blanc all pair nicely with Greek Salad.
- Red Wine: A light-bodied red like a Gamay or Beaujolais works well for those who prefer reds.
- Rosé: For something in between white and red wines, rosés offer an excellent option for pairing with Greek salad.
What Herbs and Spices Should You Use With Greek Salad?
Greek salad is a classic and delicious dish, perfect for summer days or hearty winter meals. Its flavors are bright, fresh and a little tangy, with plenty of juicy vegetables to create an amazing flavor profile.
- Oregano: adds earthiness and depth to the salad
- Mint: adds sweetness and aroma
- Parsley: lends its vibrant green color along with its mild flavor
- Cumin: gives Greek salads a nutty kick
- Fennel seeds: brings out the sweetness in tomatoes