What Food Goes Well With Horseradish? 5 Delicious Combos To Try!
Do you love the bold flavor of horseradish? Here are five delicious dishes to pair it with!
Are you a fan of the intense taste of horseradish? From salads and sides to main courses, this powerful condiment can take your meals up a notch! Check out these five amazing combinations for some culinary inspiration.
Table of Contents
What Food Groups Compliment Horseradish?Horseradish adds a zesty kick to any dish! There are many food groups that work particularly well with the sharp and fiery flavor of horseradish. From meats to vegetables, here are some delicious pairings for this versatile condiment:
- Meats – Horseradish goes great with beef, pork or fish.
- Vegetables – Potatoes and carrots can enhance dishes with a mild yet flavorful horseradish twist.
- Salads – Salads featuring kale, spinach or arugula will be complemented nicely by the distinct taste of horseradish.
- Dips & Sauces – Whether you opt for creamy dips or tangy sauces, they can all be kicked up a notch when combined with this robust condiment.
Examples of Food Pairings For Horseradish1. Steak and Horseradish Sauce 2. Baked Salmon with Horseradish Mustard 3. Roasted Potatoes and Creamy Horseradish Dressing 4. Grilled Asparagus with a Horseradish Aioli 5. Scrambled Eggs with Spicy Horseradish Chutney
What Wine Goes Well With Horseradish?Pairing wine with horseradish can be a tricky task, but not impossible. A bright, minerally white wine is the perfect accompaniment to this zesty condiment. Choose a Sauvignon Blanc or Chenin Blanc for its herbal notes and crisp acidity that will balance out the spiciness of horseradish. Alternately, an oaked Chardonnay with hints of butter and vanilla can add depth to your dish and pick up on the earthy flavor of horseradish.
What Herbs and Spices Should You Use With Horseradish?Horseradish is a sharp and pungent root that can add an amazing depth of flavor to any dish. To really bring out its unique taste, try using it with some herbs and spices that will enhance its zesty nature. Here are a few ideas:
- Garlic: The perfect balance for horseradish’s strong flavor, garlic adds a nice subtle sweetness.
- Mustard Seeds: These tiny seeds pack quite the punch when combined with horseradish – creating an intense yet tasty aroma.
- Chili Powder: A great way to add some heat to your meal, chili powder directly complements the boldness of horseradish.
- Cumin: A staple in many Middle Eastern dishes, cumin provides earthy tones which bring out the best in horseradish.
Should You Add More Horseradish To Your Diet?
Horseradish is a pungent root vegetable that packs a punch of flavor and nutrition. It has been used for centuries to add heat and zest to dishes, but it also offers incredible health benefits. From boosting your immune system to helping regulate blood sugar levels, horseradish can be an excellent addition to any diet. Not only is it low in calories, fat, and sodium – it’s also full of antioxidants that help protect against chronic diseases like cancer.
- Immunity Booster: Horseradish contains high concentrations of vitamin C which helps fight off infections by stimulating the production of white blood cells.
- Heart Health: The powerful compounds found in horseradish have been linked to lower cholesterol levels as well as reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Blood Sugar Control: Studies show that incorporating horseradish into your diet can help regulate insulin sensitivity, aiding with diabetes management.