Bring a delicious twist to your next party or get-together with these 10 tasty combinations of food that pair perfectly with Hummus dip!
Looking for something new and exciting to serve at your next gathering? Look no further than these delightful dishes that combine the rich flavor of hummus dip with a variety of complementary ingredients. From crunchy vegetables and savory meats, to creamy cheeses and tangy fruits, there’s something here for everyone! Try out one (or all!) of these unique recipes today.
Table of Contents
What Food Groups Compliment Hummus Dip?Hummus dip is a delicious and nutritious snack! It’s full of vitamins, minerals, protein, and fiber. But what other food groups make the perfect accompaniment for hummus? Here are some ideas for you:
- Vegetables – Hummus dip pairs perfectly with crunchy raw vegetables such as carrots, celery, peppers and cucumbers.
- Fruits – Oranges and apples go great with hummus because they provide natural sweetness to contrast the savory flavors in the dip.
- Grains – Whole-grain crackers or pita chips are an excellent choice when pairing them with this flavorful spread.
- Proteins – For added nutrition pair your hummus with lean proteins like grilled chicken or boiled eggs.
Examples of Food Pairings For Hummus Dip
- 1. Pita bread with olive oil 2. Falafel and cucumbers 3. Cherry tomatoes and feta cheese 4. Grilled vegetable kebabs 5. Roasted red peppers and olives 6. Grilled eggplant slices 7. Carrots, celery, and radishes sticks 8. Sautéed mushrooms with garlic cloves 9. Baked sweet potatoes wedges 10. Whole grain crackers or chips
What Wine Goes Well With Hummus Dip?Hummus and Wine: A Delicious Combination
When it comes to enjoying hummus dip with a glass of wine, there are so many delicious pairings to choose from. Whether you’re looking for something light or something bolder, here are some options that will take your snack time up a notch!
- Pinot Gris – This light-bodied white pairs perfectly with the creamy texture and nutty flavor of hummus.
- Sauvignon Blanc – The crisp acidity and zesty citrus notes in this white go great with the garlicky notes in the dip.
- Chardonnay – Chardonnay offers oaky flavors that add complexity to any dish. It’s an excellent choice when paired with earthy spices found in hummus.
- Malbec – Malbec is full-bodied and has dark fruit flavors. Its deep intensity stands up nicely against robust dips like garlic or roasted red pepper hummus.
What Herbs and Spices Should You Use With Hummus Dip?Hummus is an incredibly flavorful dip that can be enjoyed with a variety of herbs and spices.
- Cumin: This peppery spice adds a warm, earthy flavor to hummus. You can also add cumin-infused olive oil for even more depth.
- Garlic Powder: A pinch of garlic powder brings out the nutty flavors in hummus.
- Lemon Juice: Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over your dip for bright notes and tartness. .
- Paprika: Paprika gives hummus an extra kick of smokiness and heat. .
- Mint or Parsley: Garnish your dish with chopped mint or parsley leaves for added color and herbal accents..
Should You Add More Hummus Dip To Your Diet?
Hummus dip is a delicious and nutritious Middle Eastern spread that can be enjoyed in many ways. It is made primarily of chickpeas, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and tahini (sesame seed paste). Not only does it taste great, but hummus also has some amazing health benefits. It’s high in dietary fiber which helps to keep you feeling full for longer periods of time; this makes it an ideal snack food when trying to manage your weight or cravings. Additionally, the combination of garlic and olive oil provide powerful anti-inflammatory properties as well as antioxidants. Lastly, it’s packed with protein which helps build muscle mass while also providing essential vitamins and minerals.
- Benefits Of Adding Hummus Dip To Your Diet Include:
- High Fiber Content Helps You Feel Full For Longer Periods Of Time
- Powerful Anti-Inflammatory Properties And Antioxidants
- Packed With Protein That Builds Muscle Mass