Lasagne is a classic Italian dish, and it’s no surprise that there are so many delicious food combinations to pair with it.
If you’re looking for the perfect accompaniment to lasagne, we’ve got all the best options for you here.
Whether you want something light and refreshing or something hearty to balance out the richness of lasagne, we have picked out some amazing dishes that will make your meal even more scrumptious.
From salads and vegetables to side dishes like focaccia bread, let us take you on a culinary journey as we explore what goes well with lasagne!
Table of Contents
What Food Groups Compliment Lasagne?
Lasagne is a classic Italian dish, filled with layers of pasta and delicious sauces. To make it even more enjoyable, consider pairing it with some complementary food groups. Here are some ideas:
- Salads: A light salad can provide an excellent contrast to the richness of lasagne; try adding in some crunchy vegetables such as carrots or cucumbers for texture.
- Bread: Garlic bread or focaccia goes perfectly alongside this popular Italian meal – just be sure not to fill up too much before tucking into your lasagne!
- Desserts: Finish off your meal on a sweet note by serving up something like tiramisu or panna cotta. It’s a great way to top off the savoury flavours of your lasagne.
Examples of Food Pairings For Lasagne
- 1. Garlic Bread – A classic side to lasagne, garlic bread provides a crunchy texture and savoury flavour that complements the hearty dish.
- 2. Caesar Salad – The salty, creamy and slightly bitter notes of this salad provide a contrast to the rich tomato sauce in the lasagne.
- 3. Roasted Vegetables – Caramelised roasted vegetables bring sweetness and depth of flavour to your plate when served alongside lasagne.
- 4. Italian Sausage – Adding Italian sausage as an ingredient or topping can give your lasagne an extra kick of flavour that pairs well with its other components like cheese and tomatoes.
- 5. Focaccia Bread – This traditional Italian flatbread is great for mopping up any leftover sauce from Lasagna’s cheesy layers or can be used as a base for mini-lasagnes!
- 6. White Wine– Enjoy a crisp white wine with your meal; it will help to balance out the richness of the cheese, meat, and tomato in lasagna without overpowering its flavours
What Wine Goes Well With Lasagne?
Are you looking for the perfect wine to have with your delicious lasagne? Look no further. A great accompaniment to a hearty dish like lasagne is a full-bodied red such as a Chianti, Barbera or Brunello di Montalcino.
These Italian wines offer an intense flavour that pairs well with tomato-based sauces and savoury cheese toppings.
For something sweeter, try a Beaujolais Villages Nouveau which has enough body and tannins to stand up to the richness of this classic dish. Enjoy!
READ MORE: 7 Reasons To Eat Healthy While Traveling
What Herbs and Spices Should You Use With Lasagne?
Lasagne is a delicious Italian classic that can be made even more flavourful with the addition of herbs and spices! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Oregano – An aromatic, savoury herb commonly used in Italian dishes. It pairs perfectly with tomato-based sauces.
- Garlic Powder – A pungent seasoning that adds depth and complexity to your lasagne.
- Basil – The sweet, peppery aroma of basil complements tomatoes beautifully, making it an ideal choice for your lasagne.
For a lighter touch, consider adding dill or parsley as well. If you’re looking for something more robust, try adding sage or rosemary to the mix.
Finally, don’t forget about salt and pepper – they may seem simple but these two seasonings can really enhance the overall flavour of your dish!
Should You Add More Lasagne To Your Diet?
Lasagne can be a great addition to your diet, and it’s easy to understand why.
Not only is lasagne full of flavor and texture, but it’s also packed with nutrition; including protein, carbohydrates, vitamins A & C, calcium, iron and phosphorus. Lasagne can help you reach your daily nutrient goals while providing an enjoyable culinary experience.
Plus, there are plenty of recipes out there that make the process of creating this delicious dish even easier.
- Protein: Lasagne contains both ground beef or Italian sausage as well as ricotta cheese which are all sources of high-quality proteins.
- Carbohydrates: Lasagna noodles provide complex carbohydrates for energy production.
- Vitamins A & C:The tomato sauce in lasagna provides vitamin A while spinach leaves offer up vitamin C.
- Calcium & Iron: Ricotta cheese offers up essential minerals like calcium and iron.
So What Goes Well With Lasagne?
The pairing of lasagne and the right accompaniments can be a truly remarkable experience.
The flavor profiles that come from combining different vegetables, meats, cheeses, and sauces with this classic Italian dish make it an incredibly versatile meal.
From salads to garlic breads to red wines, there are endless possibilities for making your next lasagne dinner even more special. Whether you’re looking for something light or hearty – or perhaps a combination of both – you’ll find that the perfect accompaniment is just waiting to be discovered!
With so many options available, why not explore all the delicious potential in pairing lasagne with its ideal side?