What Food Goes Well With Pesto Sauce? 5 Delicious Combos To Try!
It doesn’t matter if you’re a pasta lover, pizza aficionado or sandwich enthusiast: adding pesto sauce can take any dish from good to mouthwatering great! Not sure what foods pair best with this scrumptious condiment? Look no further. We have five recipes that will make your taste buds rejoice.
What Food Groups Compliment Pesto Sauce?Pesto sauce is a delicious and flavorful condiment that can be added to a variety of dishes. It’s made from olive oil, basil leaves, garlic, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts and salt. But what food groups complement pesto sauce best? Let’s take a look:
- Grains: Pasta is the most obvious accompaniment to pesto sauce – it goes particularly well with spaghetti or linguine noodles.
- Vegetables: Many vegetables pair perfectly with pesto – grilled zucchini, roasted bell peppers and steamed broccoli are all excellent choices.
- Proteins: Chicken breasts, seafood like salmon or shrimp and pork chops are all great options for pairing with this tasty sauce.
Examples of Food Pairings For Pesto Sauce1. Penne Pasta with Pesto and Roasted Cherry Tomatoes 2. Grilled Salmon with Pesto Sauce and Fresh Asparagus 3. Baked Potato topped with Pesto and Feta Cheese 4. Mediterranean Chicken Salad with Pesto Dressing 5. Zucchini Noodles tossed in Homemade Pesto Sauce
What Wine Goes Well With Pesto Sauce?Pesto sauce is a classic Italian dish that pairs wonderfully with a variety of wines. To find the perfect accompaniment to this delicious and flavorful sauce, consider what other ingredients are included in your pesto recipe. For instance, if you’re using pine nuts or Parmesan cheese, opt for a full-bodied white wine like Chardonnay. If you’re making your pesto with garlic and basil, try pairing it with a light red such as Pinot Noir or Sangiovese. Whatever you choose, there’s sure to be the perfect wine for your next meal featuring pesto sauce!
What Herbs and Spices Should You Use With Pesto Sauce?Pesto sauce is a rich, creamy combination of herbs and spices that can add flavour to any dish. Here are some delicious combinations to try:
- Basil, the cornerstone of pesto sauces, adds a slightly sweet and nutty note along with an earthy aroma.
- Garlic, for a subtle heat and pungent kick. A must-have!
- Parsley, for colour as well as its distinctively tangy taste.
- Rosemary, for its resinous pine-like aroma and woodsy flavor.
- Thyme, another popular herb known for its fragrant citrus notes.
Should You Add More Pesto Sauce To Your Diet?
Adding more pesto sauce to your diet can be an excellent way to improve your nutrition and enjoy a delicious meal. Pesto is a flavorful blend of herbs, nuts, and cheese that originated in Liguria, Italy. Its bright green color makes it stand out from other sauces on the shelf. It’s full of healthy fats, vitamins A and C, antioxidants, minerals like calcium and magnesium as well as plant compounds such as lutein and zeaxanthin.
Pesto is not only tasty but also versatile; you can use it for various recipes ranging from pasta dishes to sandwiches or even pizza topping! Every spoonful of this savory sauce offers some nutritional benefits:
- It’s rich in healthy fats
- It contains essential vitamins including vitaminA & C
- Antioxidants found in pesto help prevent damage caused by free radicals
- Minerals such as calcium & magnesium are present in pesto too
Adding a few tablespoons of pesto here or there throughout the week is an easy way to get all the goodness without any added preservatives or unhealthy ingredients. If you want something beyond just adding it directly to food though – why not try making homemade salads with fresh vegetables tossed with some pesto? You’ll find yourself enjoying its unique flavor while getting plenty of nutrients at the same time!