What Food Goes Well With Pork Belly? 10 Delicious Combinations You’ll Love!
Pork belly is one of the most versatile and delicious meats you can find. Whether it’s roasted, grilled, or smoked, there are so many amazing dishes to choose from! But what flavors really bring out the best in pork belly? Here are 10 delicious combinations that will have your taste buds singing!
From sweet and sour pineapple glazes to salty charcuterie boards, there’s something for everyone when it comes to pairing food with pork belly. We’ll show you how to make classic combinations like Chinese-style buns or simple pan-seared strips of bacon – all perfect for any meal.
What Food Groups Compliment Pork Belly?Pork belly is a juicy, delicious treat that pairs well with a variety of food groups. Here are some top combinations for an unforgettable meal:
- Fruits – Apples, pears and peaches provide the perfect sweetness to balance out the savory pork.
- Vegetables – Roasted Brussels sprouts or carrots offer crunchy texture while sweet potatoes bring a subtle earthiness.
- Grains – Rice and quinoa make great bases for stir-fry dishes while couscous is ideal when cooked in stock.
Examples of Food Pairings For Pork Belly1. Roasted Apples & Onions 2. Sauteed Kale & Garlic 3. Grilled Pineapple & Carrots 4. Mashed Potatoes & Sage 5. Baked Sweet Potato Fries & Rosemary 6. Dijon Mustard Sauce & Broccoli Rabe 7. Braised Bok Choy with Oyster Sauce 8. Creamy Polenta with Mushrooms and Parsley 9. Honey Glazed Shallots and Parsnips 10. Blistered Tomatoes, Corn and Peas
What Wine Goes Well With Pork Belly?Pork belly is a popular dish that pairs well with various types of wine. Here are some great selections to try:
- Pinot Noir – An elegant and versatile red, Pinot Noir’s subtle earthy notes pair perfectly with pork belly.
- Chardonnay – Rich and full-bodied, Chardonnay complements the richness of pork belly without overpowering it.
- Sauvignon Blanc – Crisp and refreshing, Sauvignon Blanc adds brightness to the fatty texture of this classic dish.
What Herbs and Spices Should You Use With Pork Belly?Using herbs and spices to season pork belly is a great way to bring out its juicy, succulent flavor. Herbs:
These fragrant herbs can be used fresh or dried, but they are especially delicious when freshly chopped and scattered over the top of the pork belly before cooking. They will give your dish an aromatic twist that you won’t get any other way! Spices:
For more intense flavors, add some of these spices to your marinade or rub them directly into the skin of the meat:
- Cumin < li >Paprika< li >Garlic powder< li >Mustard powder< / ul >< br />These potent spices will help to enhance all those savory juices that make pork belly so irresistible. Enjoy experimenting with different combinations until you find one that’s just perfect for you!